My Precious Grandkids

My Precious Grandkids

Saturday, October 25, 2008

The love of God is greater than my tongue can express!

I have been poundering the verses in John 15 where it says
"I am the true VINE and my Father is the Gardner. He lops off every branch that doesn't produce. and he prunes those branches that bear fruit for even larger crops."
(Hum.... even though something is good and producing, he may say no not good enough I will prune it so it will by greater; sort of like Lowell puned my flowers, I thought they looked great, but he cut them all back I said no but, guess what, they came out looking more beautiful!!!!)
And than it goes on to say: "Take care to live in me and LET me live in you" For a branch (us) can not produce fruit when severed from the vine. Nor can you be fruitful apart from me."

Have you ever wondered why you sometimes run out of LOVE for your family, children, friends, church family, loved ones even those who you work with. Could it be that we are not connected each day with the vine?
Could it be that we are running on LOW fumes? He says to take care to live in me and to let Him live in me. If I am not connected with the vine I will run out of love, cause GOD IS LOVE!!
"1John 2:5 says who ever keeps His word, truly the love of God is perfected in him."
and is 1 John 4:16 says "FOR GOD IS LOVE and anyone who LIVES IN LOVE is LIVING IN HIM..." Wow God says let me live in you and you will have love cause God is love.
AND In this time of life when things are so uncertain, he goes on to tell us that we have no fear of someone who loves us perfectly Vs.18 and if we are afraid it shows that we are not fully convinced that he really loves us. So you see our love for Him comes as a result of his loving us first...... What an awsome God we serve.
Now I am ready for the day. Connected to the vine! love you all

3 comments:

Sarah said...

It's hard to prune away those dead branches sometimes, even when they are producing no fruit. Good verses.

Carolyn said...

yes and what blew me away was God prunes those branches even when the fruit is good, but he wants them better. So sometimes when we think we are doing his will and something happens we think he does not want us to do that but really he is just pruning us to make it even better. I never saw that before.

Sarah said...

I just saw that this is Mother-in-laws day! So Happy MIL Day to my favorite mother-in -law!!! I hope you have a great day!!!

Love You a bunch!!!
Sarah